Teaches in Psychology
Ms. Bella Saunders is a registered clinical and educational psychologist with over 20 years of experience in the child mental health and disability sectors. She has worked across a number of sectors including private practice, hospitals, schools and government. She specialises in child and adolescent mental health and developmental disabilities. Bella has previously held senior clinical psychology positions at the Royal Children’s Hospital in Melbourne where she managed the Learning Differences Centre and The Child and Family Psychology Clinic. She was also previously employed as a senior clinical psychologist at The Infant Clinic (PIRI) for 3 years and participated in the development of the Toward Parenthood program. Recently she has participated as a member of an expert working group representing The Australian Psychological Society in the development of The ATAPS Children’s Mental Health (CMH) Project. She has also recently worked as a Project Manager of The Kidsmatter Early Childhood Project for Beyond Blue.
Paediatric Clinical Psychology; Learning Difficulties; Developmental Disabilities.
Ms Saunders’ research interests include children’s mental health, early intervention and prevention of mental health disorders in children, developmental disabilities and learning difficulties.
Recent Publications and Presentations
- 2014 Milgrom, J., Ericksen, J., Leigh, B., Romeo, Y., Loughlin, E., McCarthy, R., Saunders, B., Ramp, M., Gemmill, A. W., Ross, J., & Schembri, C. Development and Feasibility Study of a Monitored Self-Help Antenatal Intervention Program to Enhance Emotional Health and Reduce Parenting Stress (In press).
- 2013. Presented at the Australian Medicare Local Alliance mental health stakeholder forum on the APS child mental health project.
- 2012. Australian Medicare Alliance (AMLA). Presented a paper on the ATAPS Children’s mental health training.
- 2011. Presented a paper about the ATAPS CMHS Purchasing Guidance at a conference for Medicare Locals at the request of Department of Health and Ageing (DOHA).
- 2009. Towards Parenthood: Preparing for the changes and challenges of a new baby. Authors Jeannette Milgrom, Jennifer Ericksen, Bronwyn Leigh, Yolanda Romeo, Elizabeth Loughlin, Rachael McCarthy and Bella Saunders (In press).