In this workshop participants will learn the key components to writing an assessment case study, particularly as required by the Psychologists Registration Board of Australia and use of the PsyBA checklist to evaluate what is written. Examples of each section of a case study will be presented to demonstrate writing styles and ‘good’ and ‘bad’ examples. Attendees will have the opportunity to write a section and given feedback in a workshop format.
This workshop is designed for supervisors and provisional psychologists in the 4+2 or the 5+1 pathways to registration as a psychologist. This workshop will take participants step by step through the process of writing major case studies and the components of the major case studies.
The workshop will be conducted by Dr John Ryan. The workshop will be based on the knowledge and the experience in writing case studies and PsyBA supervision at Cairnmillar Institute. Cairnmillar takes no responsibility for the assessment of the case studies. This is undertaken only by the Board.
- Mental Status Examination
- Assessment or presenting problem (Application of DSM5 criteria)
- Case conceptualisation
- The four p’s
- Linking theoretical with empirical thinking
- Differential diagnosis (application of DSM5 criteria)
- A brief look at the treatment plan; evaluation of treatment & reflection
- Recognise and write sections of a case study
- Identify areas of skills and competencies in relation to writing case studies
- Demonstrate an understanding of the content required for a clinical case study
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to link presenting symptoms or problems with appropriate diagnoses
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to link theory to specific client symptoms and to the treatment plan
Date: 2017 TBC
Address: 391-393 Tooronga Road, Hawthorn East VIC 3123
Time: 9.30am – 1.30pm
Tuition Fee: $220
For more information, please contact the Short Course Centre at: email@example.com
*Terms and Conditions apply, please see Enrol Now page for full details.